3 Summer Recipes
1. Watermelon Avocado Salsa
2 cups diced seeded watermelon
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1.Combine watermelon, avocado, onion, lemon juice, habanero pepper, parsley, and salt together in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes
2. Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps
6 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
12 slices bacon
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
Spread cream cheese to fill jalapeno halves. Wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
Place on the grill, and cook until bacon is crispy.
3. Deep Fried Dill Pickles
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp vinegar-based hot pepper sauce
3/4 cayenne pepper pepper
1/4 tsp season salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup cornmeal
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 (32 oz) jar of dill pickles
1 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
4. Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste